Generosity from folks like you ensures that Coney Island USA can continue to bring you innovative Arts programming like the Mermaid Parade and the Coney Island Museum for many years to come. Tax Deductible Memberships start at only $35.
Coney Island USA Spring Gala 2015
Coney Island USA Spring Gala 2015
Coney Island USA Spring Gala 2015: "Coney Island Horror Story" (featuring Mat Fraser of American Horror Story)
V.I.P. Sold Out. General Admission tickets available at the door, beginning at 6pm, cash or credit.
Tickets (21 and over)
Spring Gala General Admission Ticket, $100 (Includes Admission, Unlimited beer, wine, and food).
Spring Gala V.I.P. Ticket, $150 SOLD OUT! THANK YOU! (includes One hour earlier Admission, Meet and Greet some of our performers in our V.I.P. Lounge, V.I.P. Gift Bag, Unlimited beer, wine, and food.).
Join Coney Island USA as we celebrate our annual Spring Gala, for the first time ever at our home base in Coney Island! The Spring Gala is the premiere fundraising event for Coney Island USA. This benefit draws a host of celebrities, trendsetters, and performances by superstars of the Burlesque and Sideshow movement, as well as live music and more!
All proceeds of the Spring Gala go directly towards funding Coney Island USA's innovative arts programming such as The Coney Island Circus Sideshow, The Mermaid Parade, Burlesque at the Beach, The Coney Island Museum and the Coney Island Film Festival, to name just a few. Please join us for a a sword swallowing, snake charming, tassle twirling, non profit arts loving good time! Coney Island USA’s spring gala is just about the most fun you can legally have, while still supporting the arts!
- Go Go Extravaganza in the Freak Bar: Clara Coquette, Ginger Twist, La Maia, Puss n Boots, Sincerely Yours, Sizzle Dizzle, Tiny D, Wae Messed, Betsy Propane, Divina GranSparkle, Sabrena Sunshine, Agent Topchik with Day Glow go go pole dancing
- Sideshows by the Seashore Stage Show (Burlesque & Sideshow) Hosted by: Adam Realman and featuring: Mat Fraser (American Horror Story), Julie Atlas Muz, Deity Von Cuchi, Velvet Crayon and Jennifer Miller
- Ambient Entertainment by the Coney Island Circus Sideshow upstairs in our Coney Island Museum with: Betty Bloomerz, Ray Valenz, Princess Pat and Alejandro DuBois
- Live Music in our Shooting Gallery/Arts Annex (next door at 1214 Surf Avenue) by Sean Coleman and the Quasars, Lara Hope and the Ark-Tones
- DJ Parnell Morrison in the Shooting Gallery/Arts Annex
- Visuals, Lasers & Lighting by Dennis Catalfumo from coneyislandlasershows.com
- The Great Fredini's Scan-A-Rama 3D Portrait Studio
- Peruse a Silent Auction!
- Day Glow Face Painting by Juliet Jeske
- Denny Daniel's The Museum of Interesting Things
- Purchase a Mystery in a Box from Little Brooklyn and Noah D'Klein
- Plus, more fantastic entertainment to be announced!
At this year's gala, we will be naming:
- Our King and Queen for the 2015 Mermaid Parade
- Our Man and Women of the Year, honoring Dennis Thomas, Coney Island Polar Bear Club President, Robin Jaffee Frank, Ph.D. Chief Curator and Krieble Curator of American Paintings and Sculpture at the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art, and Lisa Kereszi, Director of Undergraduate Studies in Art at Yale School of Art, for their outstanding support of Coney Island, throughout the year.
HOW ELSE CAN I HELP SUPPORT CONEY ISLAND USA?
Join the Host Committee!
Joining the Host Committee is a great way to get involved and help make this amazing event happen. Host Committee members sell or purchase 5 Gala General Admission Tickets or 5 V.I.P. Tickets (SOLD OUT! THANK YOU!) and receive a free admission for themselves, so they can host their friends in return!
Place your ad in the Gala Journal!
Put your name directly into the hands of all the right people, while supporting an organization you love.
Become a Sponsor!
There are many innovative opportunities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print-friendly Support Coney Island USA opportunities (opens a PDF file).
Even if you aren’t able to attend the gala, you can still help support CIUSA’s work. As a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit, Coney Island USA depends on your donations. Your gift of any size can make a huge impact on our artistic programs and is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Make a Tax Deductible Donation via Credit Card!
Or send a check (made out to Coney Island USA) to:
Coney Island USA
1208 Surf Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11224
Coney Island USA Board of Directors
Jeff Birnbaum, Mark Alhadeff, Jane Crotty, Kate Dale, Carol Spawn Desmond, John di Domenico, Harris Falk, Fred Kahl, Marie Roberts, James Quigley, Steve Yaros, Dennis Vourderis, Dick D. Zigun.
Coney Island USA is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit arts organization based in the amusement park area of the Coney Island neighborhood of Brooklyn New York at 1208 Surf Ave. In existence since 1980, Coney Island USA has developed and produces a number of different programs including some of New York City’s best loved summer programming, such as the Mermaid Parade and the Coney Island Circus Sideshow. Coney Island USA also operates the Coney Island Museum and produces Ask the Experts, Burlesque at the Beach, the Coney Island Tattoo and Motorcycle Festival, Congress of Curious Peoples, Funhouse Philosophers, The Mermaid Parade Ball and the Coney Island Sideshow School. Coney Island USA also produces the Coney Island Film Society and the Coney Island Film Festival in association with indiefilmpage.com.
How to get to Coney Island USA by Public Transportation:
D, N, F, Q to Stillwell Avenue/Coney Island
B36 (Coney Island / Avenue U/Sheepshead Bay)
B64 (Coney Island / Bay Ridge)
B68 (Coney Island / Windsor Terrace)
B74 (Sea Gate / Coney Island)
B82 (Coney Island / Spring Creek)
Take the Belt Parkway to exit 6. Head south on Cropsey Avenue to West 17th Street. MCU Park and the Parachute Jump will be in front of you on Surf Avenue. Metered Parking is available along most streets. There are commercial parking lots on West 17th Street at MCU Park (The Official Coney Island Parking) and West 12th Street between Mermaid and Surf, West 15th Street between the Boardwalk and Surf and on Neptune Avenue between West 12th and Stillwell Avenue.