Coney Island USA’s landmarked headquarters, 1208 Surf Avenue, is celebrating its 100th birthday this fall. We’re honoring New York’s oldest home for freaks, geeks, and merfolk with a special campaign to support our Coney Island Museum. As the only accredited institution uniquely dedicated to preserving and presenting the history of Coney Island, the Museum is vital to ensuring the legacy of the People’s Playground lives on. Your gift is not only a testament to Coney Island’s amazing history, but an investment in its next 100 years. Make your gift today by texting CIMUSEUM to 71777 or online here!
Coney Island USA 2016 Spring Gala
Coney Island USA 2016 Spring Gala
Coney Island USA 2016 Spring Gala: Coney Island Exotica
Spend an Enchanted Evening
Tickets (21 and over) Advance Sale has ended.
Purchase tickets (cash or credit card) at the door, beginning at 6pm and throughout the event.
Spring Gala General Admission Ticket, $125 (Includes Admission, Unlimited beer, wine, and food). Purchase at the door.
Spring Gala V.I.P. Ticket, $175 (includes One hour earlier Admission, V.I.P. Gift Bag, Unlimited beer, wine, and food.). Purchase at the door.
Join the Host Committee!
Joining the Host Committee is a great way to get involved and help make this amazing event happen. Host Committee members sell or purchase 5 Gala General Admission Tickets or 5 V.I.P. Tickets and receive a free admission for themselves, so they can host their friends in return!
All ticket sales are non-refundable.
Join Coney Island USA as we celebrate our annual Spring Gala, at our home base in Coney Island! The Spring Gala is the premiere fundraising event for Coney Island USA. This benefit draws a host of celebrities, trendsetters, and performances by superstars of the Burlesque and Sideshow movement, as well as live music and more!
All proceeds of the Spring Gala go directly towards funding Coney Island USA's innovative arts programming such as The Coney Island Circus Sideshow, The Mermaid Parade, Burlesque at the Beach, The Coney Island Museum and the Coney Island Film Festival, to name just a few. Please join us for a a sword swallowing, snake charming, tassle twirling, non profit arts loving good time! Coney Island USA’s spring gala is just about the most fun you can legally have, while still supporting the arts!
- Go Go Extravaganza in the Freak Bar: Boo Boo Darlin', Clara Coquette, Corvette LeFace, Divina GranSparkle, Ginger Twist, La Maia, Minx Arcana, Petite Renard, Sincerely Yours, Tiny D, Wae Messed
- Sideshows by the Seashore Stage Show (Burlesque & Sideshow) Hosted by: Adam Realman and featuring: Bambi the Mermaid, Mat Fraser (from American Horror Story), Julie Atlas Muz, Tigger, Legs Malone
- V.I.P. Variety Show upstairs in our Coney Island Museum with: Alejandro DuBois, Zoe Ziegfeld, Kita St. Cyr and the vocal stylings of Baron Misuraca
- Appearance by Fancy Feast our very own Miss Coney Island!
- Live Music in our Shooting Gallery/Arts Annex (next door at 1214 Surf Avenue) by The Lord Calverts, Cousin Earth
- DJ Parnell Morrison in the Shooting Gallery/Arts Annex
- Coney Island Laser Shows (special light artistry) by Dennis Catalfumo
- Peruse a Silent Auction!, by the Amazing Linda Meier
- Check out Denny Daniel's Museum of Interesting Things
- Purchase a Mystery in a Box from Little Brooklyn and Noah D'Klein
- Face Painting by Juliet Jeske
At this year's gala, we will be naming:
- Our Person of the Year, honoring Fred Kahl (The Great Fredini). This year’s benefit will honor Fred Kahl, a.k.a. the Great Fredini who has been an active part of the fabric of Coney Island for over 30 years. A veteran of the Coney Island Circus Sideshow, founder and executive producer of New York’s longest running burlesque series, Burlesque at the Beach, he is an artist, magician, sword swallower and technological visionary. Creator of Coney Island’s long running off off off Broadway, public access TV cult hit America’s Favorite Burlesque Gameshow- This or That!, Fred’s recent projects include the Scan-A-Rama 3D Portrait Studio and the world’s largest desktop 3D printed art installation; Thompson & Dundy’s Luna Park:3D Printed, currently on view in the Coney Island Museum.
Join our Facebook Event and invite your friends!
Social Media #coneygala, before, during and after the event!
HOW ELSE CAN I HELP SUPPORT CONEY ISLAND USA?
Place your ad in the Gala Journal!
Put your name directly into the hands of all the right people, while supporting an organization you love. Click here for rates and further info.
Become a Sponsor!
There are many innovative opportunities.
Please contact us at email@example.com.
Even if you aren’t able to attend the gala, you can still help support CIUSA’s work. As a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit, Coney Island USA depends on your donations. Your gift of any size can make a huge impact on our artistic programs and is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Make a Tax Deductible Donation via Credit Card!
Or send a check (made out to Coney Island USA) to:
Coney Island USA
1208 Surf Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11224
Coney Island USA Board of Directors
Jeff Birnbaum, Mark Alhadeff, Jane Crotty, Kate Dale, Carol Spawn Desmond, John di Domenico, Harris Falk, Marie Roberts, James Quigley, Anita Durst, Jon Dohlin, Earl Tucker, Dick D. Zigun.
Coney Island USA is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit arts organization based in the amusement park area of the Coney Island neighborhood of Brooklyn New York at 1208 Surf Ave. In existence since 1980, Coney Island USA has developed and produces a number of different programs including some of New York City’s best loved summer programming, such as the Mermaid Parade and the Coney Island Circus Sideshow. Coney Island USA also operates the Coney Island Museum and produces Ask the Experts, Burlesque at the Beach, the Coney Island Hot Rod and Motorcycle Festival, Congress of Curious Peoples, Funhouse Philosophers, The Mermaid Parade Ball and the Coney Island Sideshow School. Coney Island USA also produces the Coney Island Film Society and the Coney Island Film Festival in association with indiefilmpage.com.
How to get to Coney Island USA by Public Transportation:
D, N, F, Q to Stillwell Avenue/Coney Island
B36 (Coney Island / Avenue U/Sheepshead Bay)
B64 (Coney Island / Bay Ridge)
B68 (Coney Island / Windsor Terrace)
B74 (Sea Gate / Coney Island)
B82 (Coney Island / Spring Creek)
Take the Belt Parkway to exit 6. Head south on Cropsey Avenue to West 17th Street. MCU Park and the Parachute Jump will be in front of you on Surf Avenue. Metered Parking is available along most streets and is free after 7pm (please check signs). There are commercial parking lots on West 17th Street at MCU Park (The Official Coney Island Parking) and West 12th Street between Mermaid and Surf, West 15th Street between the Boardwalk and Surf and on Neptune Avenue between West 12th and Stillwell Avenue.