Coney Island USA Advisory
Coney Island USA has been closely monitoring the status of the current coronavirus outbreak and considers the safety of our supporters, patrons, employees and cast members of the utmost importance. In order to ensure this safety, we are following the current recommendations of the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene for the prevention of the spread of coronavirus.
While the pandemic is stopping our “real world” activities for now, we are happy to announce that we have a big slate of online programming currently available, or in production. Our hope is that our efforts can bring a little Coney Island style joy to what otherwise can be a bleak time.
For the most up to date information make sure that you follow us on social media and are signed up for our Email Blasts (see sidebar on this page) to stay informed.
Please remember that Coney Island USA is a not-for-profit arts organization. We can only continue our programs with donations from friends like you .
Real-World Program Changes
- Our Annual Fundraising Gala, originally scheduled for Saturday, March 28, 2020 has been postponed. The new date for this event will be aanounced asap. Stay tuned for an announcement of the new date. All existing tickets will be honored for this new date.
- The Coney Island Museum will be closed to the public until further notice.
- Magic at Coney, our popular magic program is suspended until further notice.
- The Funhouse Philosophers' show Bloody Brains in a Jukebox has been canceled for the duration of its run. This is regrettable, as anyone who has seen the previews knows. It is hoped that a production of the show will be possible in the near future.
- This year’s Nerdlesque Festival has been canceled.
- Our Freak Bar is closed until further notice.
- Other real-world programs such as The Coney Island Circus Sideshow, Burlesque at the Beach, etc are on hiatus until further notice.