Coney Island USA Job Posting - Bookkeeper, Part-Time
Coney Island USA, Inc.
Coney Island USA, Inc.(CIUSA), a 501(c)3 non-profit arts organization committed to defending the honor of American popular culture through innovative exhibitions and performances, is searching for a skilled and dedicated part-time Bookkeeper to join the team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process and record all financial transactions for the organization using Quickbooks, as directed/authorized by the Managing Director and with a clear understanding of AP/AR, General Ledger accounts and GAAP.
- Conduct regular financial reporting and analysis, assist department managers in creating and customizing Quickbooks reporting functions, communicate results and analysis to staff, and provide reports when requested.
- Work closely with the Managing Director to maintain internal controls, fiscal procedures and compliance, and encourage transparency and responsible financial management throughout the organization.
- Proactively monitor and maintain organized and consistent financial records, company data, account and cash balances, and documentation, with focused efforts to continually streamline and improve company processes.
- Process timely bill payments, deposits, and account reconciliations.
- Update and maintain a clean and concise chart of accounts in line with company mission and operational requirements.
- Create and maintain accurate vendor and customer records, including contact and delivery information, payment terms, and any other information required.
- Prepare and file 1099s, quarterly sales tax, NYS45 and 941 payments and reporting, and assist with preparation of annual tax filings and financial audit in cooperation with consulting CPA. Generate journal entries and handle year end closing needs as directed. Work with CPA as requested.
- Customize invoices and other forms, such as sales receipts and estimates as needed.
- Create and maintain employee records including contact information, payroll salary or rate information, and related employment data, such as W-4s and other new hire paperwork. Record and reconcile weekly payroll transactions from payroll processor (ADP) into company books.
- Answer questions from vendors, employees, and customers about their bills, paychecks, and invoices.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Please do not apply unless you have a minimum of 3 years of bookkeeping/accounting experience and have used and know Quickbooks 2012 or above.
· Excellent knowledge of computers and the Internet. Work fluently with Microsoft Office, email, browsers, and Windows operating systems.
· Proven ability and knack for working with numerical data with a thorough understanding of financial statements and transactions.
· Knowledge of business and accounting terms such as P&L, COGS, ROI, assets, liabilities, etc.
· Attention to detail and Ability to effectively manage time, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Knowledge of general office procedures, such as copying, faxing, filing, and shredding.
· Innovative and creative in the form of continuous improvement to internal processes.
· Flexible and adaptable to change.
· Understanding and/or experience with non-profit accounting or bookkeeping a huge plus.
Job Type: Part-time, Hourly. Weekly schedule with some flexibility. Start Date: Immediate.
Compensation: $20-25/hour depending on experience.
To apply please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com