When: Sunday, March 21st, 9pm ET
Who: Adults Only
Looka! Looka! Looka!
Help us celebrate WORLD PUPPETRY DAY with a puppet slam dedicated to puppeteers from around the globe!
- Di Filippo Marionette (Italy)
- Duygu Bayar Ekren (Turkey)
- Kidjam + Puppets by Jae (Thailand)
- Krystall Puppet Theatre (Kenya)
- La Bicicleta (Costa Rica)
- Moti Brecher (Israel)
- Papermoon Puppet Theatre (Indonesia)
- Rasputin's Marionettes (California)
Plus! A very special guest will tell us about a time during the 1970's, when the world-famous Bread and Puppet Theater had a home in Coney Island. Get ready for the Obie Award-winning performance artist, puppeteer, and pioneer of object theater... Paul Zaloom!
A donation link will be provided during the show to support the artists!
SEE YOU THERE!
What is World Puppetry Day?
Launched in 2003 by UNIMA, World Puppet Day is now celebrated all over the world through its National Centers and their members. This Day is the occasion to collectively and as widely as possible carry the diversity of puppetry arts today!
For more information visit: https://www.unima.org/en/150-days-before-world-puppetry-day-2021/